Saturday, June 16, 2007

DIY Engineer Lamp Macro Light Stand

Frankly, given this photo, words aren't really necessary. But I guess I have to write something or it is not a real post.

In that case: "Blah, blah, blah. Yadda, yadda, yadda..."

(Cheapskate Inspired thinking by New Zealand-based photographer/designer Mike Gannaway. Click on the pic for more info.)


__________

Brand new to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Ping me on Twitter: @Strobist

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my creation on your blog, its a real honour for me. I have been reading your blog for quite a while and love your approach, its always better to use your brain than mindlessly use your wallet.

The idea came from looking at some of the camera booms TV and how they use them. I had a busted desktop lamp and thought why not give it a go.

I hope this idea helps others as it has helped me. If people want more information let me know.

Mike

June 16, 2007 4:33 AM  
Blogger Robert Seber said...

I thought of doing that too, but the springs didn't seem strong enough to take the weight of the flashhead.

September 05, 2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

Robert-

You can easily strengthen the springs with added rubber bands.

-DH

September 05, 2007 10:59 AM  
Anonymous san francisco photographer said...

is it good or bad that i actually laughed out loud when i saw that photo?

July 30, 2008 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Norbert D. said...

Great idea! Some short time ago I made a stand out of a microphone stand. I got myself an umbrella adapter, I simply unscrewed the mic adapter, put the umbrella one on it, tightened a bit, and off it went! I used it with success at a wedding, no problemo!

Inspiring site you keep, Dave! Thanks for it! I've learnt a lot.

August 01, 2008 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home