Always Happy to See This:

From a comment I just moderated on last Saturday's speedlinks:

Anonymous said...

Newbie question, but...
What would you use black straws for?


Far from being annoying -- it actually brought out a chuckle -- I love these little reminders that new people are discovering this stuff every day. We have our own little language of geeky, shorthand, DIY lighting terms and I am more guilty of forgetting that than anyone.

To Anonymous:

You can always type relevant terms into the search box at upper left, as in this search for black straws, which would have gotten you into range pretty quickly (after a short scroll.)


FWIW, Blogger's built-in search is limiting in some clunky ways, as is their tagging system. So I am in the process of integrating a more comprehensive Google search into the site and posts.

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink