Speedlinks: May 11, 2009
Among today's offerings: LOTR, ice cave shooting, burning stuff with light, studio strobes in the rain, a road trip, Erika Larson, and more. Inside.
• Are you an LOTR fan? (Hint: If you have to ask what LOTR stands for, you aren't.)
There is a new fan-produced movie
• One of many interesting recent tidbits from the Redux Blog: Time Asia runs a setup shot. Add my vote to those hoping this is a new trend...
• Flash in an ice cave? Sure, why not?
• Totally awesome: This is how they play with light at the Googleplex.
• It's Profotos in the rain in this video of an ESPN Magazine shoot of Kelly Slater. Thanks to Steve for the tip.
• Photographer Ben Baker kicked butt on a series of high-end "board of directors" shoots for Fortune Magazine. Andrew at WTJ was all over it with plenty of behind-the-scenes stuff.
• Photographer Paul Souders is on a USA road trip. His dispatches are beautifully illustrated, funny and quick-hit. Perfect fodder for any shooter's RSS reader, and highly recommended.
• If you keep a camera in your car, and you love it, make sure it is wearing one of these.
• Redux shooter Erika Larson's interview on Zoom-In contains beautiful images and some very wise words for portrait photographers. (Thanks, Myles.)
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save Money: Browse MPEX Weekly Strobist Deals