"But I Just Work at a Small Newspaper…"

Twenty one plus years ago I arrived in Columbia, MD, to start work as a staff PJ at Patuxent Publishing, a chain of community tabloid newspapers. Like most of the rest of the staff, I was young and full of piss and vinegar.

One thing I loved about working there is that we never let our size be a ceiling to what we wanted to do creatively. Staff shooter Matt Roth is carrying on that tradition there today, and I just came across a portrait series of standout high school athletes from this past spring season.

I am working up the final Boot Camp assignment post today. But in the interim, stop by Matt's blog and check out his pix for those could've-been-boring end of year feature stories.

If you are trudging through your high school sports shooting season, these should be sufficient to get you off of your butt. Kickass.



New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save Money: Browse MPEX Weekly Strobist Deals