"But I Just Work at a Small Newspaper…"

Twenty one plus years ago I arrived in Columbia, MD, to start work as a staff PJ at Patuxent Publishing, a chain of community tabloid newspapers. Like most of the rest of the staff, I was young and full of piss and vinegar.

One thing I loved about working there is that we never let our size be a ceiling to what we wanted to do creatively. Staff shooter Matt Roth is carrying on that tradition there today, and I just came across a portrait series of standout high school athletes from this past spring season.

I am working up the final Boot Camp assignment post today. But in the interim, stop by Matt's blog and check out his pix for those could've-been-boring end of year feature stories.

If you are trudging through your high school sports shooting season, these should be sufficient to get you off of your butt. Kickass.

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink