David X. Tejada Takes You Out On Another Shoot


Strobist reader/pro shooter David X. Tejada has posted another video, this time of a shoot at a drilling rig. (Dave specializes in that energy industrial stuff.) I especially like the parts in the video which show him interacting with his subjects after having set up the light.

Dave's photos have a very "naturally lit" look, with the light not calling attention to itself. This is important to remember, unless you happen to be shooting for a client that is also a lighting geek. One of my weaknesses is I tend to like to amp the light no matter what, which can sometimes make the picture about the light rather than, well, the picture.

What Dave is doing is more subtle, and, I would suspect, more lucrative.
______________________

More Dave than you can shake a stick at:

:: Dave's Lighting Bag ::
:: Dave's Photo Cave ::
:: On Assignment With Dave ::
:: Dave's Blog ::
:: Dave's Interview on LightSource :: (Podcast)

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink