The Hot List, Oct 2006
Pieter, if you have a problem with this becoming the Hot List icon, please let me know in the comments and I will swap it out for something else.
In what will be no surprise for regular readers, Harrington's biz book was numero uno with a bullet. As far as I am concerned, he should just give the thing away for free and charge you budding pro's one percent of your increased incomes. The book is gold.
Someone is apparently still shooting naughty pix in the garage, and PDN makes an appearance this month. But other than that, the usual suspects shuffled around but remained largely unchanged.
That said, on to what Strobist readers (via Amazon) are reading:
The October Hot List:
1. Best Business Practices for Photographers
2. Secrets of Lighting on Location: A Photographer's Guide to Professional Lighting Techniques
3. Matters of Light & Depth
4. Art of RAW Conversion: How to Produce Art-Quality Photos with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Leading RAW Converters
5. Light - Science and Magic, Second Edition: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
6. Master Lighting Guide for Portrait Photographers
7. Photo District News
8. Photojournalism, Fifth Edition: The Professionals' Approach
9. Garage Glamour: Digital Nude and Beauty Photography Made Simple
10. The DAM Book
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save some cash: Browse the Weekly Deals Page