DON'T MISS: Italian conceptual portrait photographer Sara Lando coming to US for two weekends of workshops in August.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another Ringlight How-To

Thanks to Simon J. for the heads up on this combination ringlight/tanning machine. The author foregoes flash in favor of floodlights.

No more freezing-cold, scantily clad models for him. No, sir.

He's made a pretty good how-to page if you want to try it out.

Don't forget to budget for some good quality UV filters for your lenses, should you decide to use it a lot. Because I am pretty sure this thing would burn you your own, personal hole-in-the-ozone-layer right over your studio.

Labels:



__________

Brand new to Strobist, or lighting? Start here.
Or, jump right into our free Lighting 101 course.
Connect: Discussion Threads | Reader Photos | Twitter

4 Comments:

Blogger Emil said...

The catchlights are kind of creepy...

April 12, 2007 1:57 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm surprised to see her pupils as open as they are. With that many continous bulbs it's got to be hard to be photographed at close range.

April 12, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Haskins said...

After months of reading your posts, I am indeed a fan. This project I HAD to try. Spent the same amount...$100. Except theirs came out prettier than mine.
http://haskinsphotos.blogspot.com

I'd post photos, but I am not sure I can post on a comment.

Thanks!

April 15, 2007 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Gary said...

My little contribution:

November 13, 2007 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home