Weekend Tidbits: 4/21/07

I Can See You Typing

Yeah, don't think I'm not watchin' you guys out there, 'cause I am. The Technorati trackbacks are pulling up some interesting stuff.

Cool finds, just from the last few days:

:: Concerning Photography ::
:: Photography for Real Estate ::
:: Malaysia Wedding Photographer ::
:: Get Rich Slowly ::

UPDATE, adds:

:: Hibi no Hanashi :: (Damn near incomprehensible. But couldn't stop reading it...)

Keep 'em coming - I love seeing your sites. And for the other readers, those inbound Technorati links are always worth checking out. I do it at least once a day.


In a Well-Lit Van, Down By the River

I'll admit that I am kind of a "seat-of-the-pants" guy when it comes to lighting and exposure. But if you want to know how to use a (Sekonic) flash meter in excruciating detail, ShootSmarter has a 20-minute, 47-meg video you can watch here, on the site of TMRDesign.com.

But is it me, or is host Will Crockett channeling the late Chris Farley on this one?

(Thanks to tpuerzer for the heads-up.


Four Minutes of Creepy Fun

I stuck this up on the sidebar a couple of days ago, but I wanna make sure you don't miss it. If you have ever worked in an office, you'll identify with it. It has nothing to do with photography, but it's the latest project from MediaStorm.org. (That is the place to go to study state-of-the-art multimedia storytelling, BTW.)

It's a wonderfully depressing animated video to the Radiohead song, "Creep." Essentially a music video, the animation was done as a side project by a creative worker bee who was toiling away at a day job that was slowly sucking away his soul. If you are an office worker drone yourself, you'll end up watching it more than once. Or emailing it to a friend. Or both. See it here.

Oh, and I am totally lusting after that iPoddish-project-carousel thingie MediaStorm has working on the bottom of the page. That thing rocks. Or maybe rolls. Not sure...

"Flickr and You, Part 2" is in the on-deck circle, provided I don't get hit by a train between now and then. Have a great weekend.


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink