Basics, on Video: Connect Any Speedlight to Any Camera



Just in time for the first lighting control discussions (#1, "Position," which is due up Monday) Strobist reader David James has put up a very helpful video tutorial for those of you still hazy on exactly how to sync a camera and a remote flash.

It covers both flashes and cameras with and without PC jacks, hitting on both PC cords and the inexpensive Gadget Infinity remotes.

This will be very helpful to many of the newer readers. It's also helpful to me, as a post while I am recovering from a long day at Disney World and still trying to squeeze as much R&R as possible out of my last couple of days down at my folks' place in Florida.

The last few days have been wonderful. But I don't even want to think about how big my unanswered email pile has gotten...

(Thanks, David J.)


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink