It's That Time of Year: Football Preview Shots


Mark Cornelison, a shooter for the Lexington Herald (in Kentucky in the US) has posted a video on shooting football preview portraits. Good stuff. Reminds me of my former Patuxent Publishing colleague Fran Gardler's work. (He occasionally shoots with the Speed Graphic, too.)

I love the multi-angle, hard light look. And as a bonus, you can totally do this with speedlights as there are no light softeners to eat up your watt-seconds.

:: More Work by Cornelison ::
:: Francis Gardler's Spring 2006 Athletes ::

(Thanks for the heads-up in the comments, Jonathan.)

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink