Leftover Speedlinks, 11-24-2007
• For you continental readers, Rui, over at Lighting Mods now features a dropdown menu of sources for small-flash lighting gear all over Europe. (His most recently updated info is on the right sidebar on his site.)
• Wiz has some thoughts on using direct flash in the vertical orientation (not that there's anything wrong with that) and a super cheap way to attach a bare flash to a stand, here.
• If you are a Fiest fan and a lighting geek (in other words, if you are reading this and you are a Feist fan) you can see a "making of" video of her song, "1234" on YouTube. Shown are fluorescent clamshell light strips mounted (over and under) right to the camera at about the 3:20 mark. They are using the (more expensive) nonflicker video-friendly bulbs, I am sure.
• Chase Jarvis executes a near perfect display of linkbaiting this week, publishing a mondo list of reader-submitted favorite blogs. It scored a 9.9/10 on the Problogger Linkbait Scale, with the East German judge having DQ'd herself because she and Chase were romantically linked during their college days. See it here.
• FlashFlavor posts on underwater dress trasher Kevin Beasley. How far can we be from a "fully-engulfed-in-flames" TTD session?
• Stumbled across a cool behind-the-scenes page on
Nikon's website. (Only hardcore Nikon geeks need apply.)
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Next live event: GPP PopUP Berlin (Oct. 29-30)