Meetup Assignment: Group Shot

For those of you attending meetups, here's a thought: Why not take the opportunity to try a cool group shot?

That's what the folks at the South Bay (SF / Silicon Valley area) did.

You have a roomful of lighting gear, subjects and (presumably) thinking photographers. What more do you need?

As line-em-ups go, the above example is pretty cool. But you can also get a little more conceptual with it: Make a quick, well-lit shot of everyone there as an exercise. Then maybe grab four or five people and try your hand at an album cover concept, or an ESPN Magazine cover of an offensive line. Play with it a little.

I can tell you that I am working on a group shot using a coupla dozen readers that will raise the bar a little bit. (I'd tell you more, but I'd have to kill you.)

And if you want to keep tabs on local meetups, you can easily do so by searching in the drop-down menu on the sidebar.

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink