DON'T MISS: Italian conceptual portrait photographer Sara Lando coming to US for two weekends of workshops in August.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Beats Another Shot of a Wal*Mart

Before I get 10 gazillion emails asking if megablog Consumerist had permission to use my photo all life-sized and stuff:

Yup, they did...

I am a huge fan of Ben Popken and his merry band of little-guy advocates. Not to mention their impeccable art directing chops, natch. If you are like-minded and sufficiently generous with your pix, they have a Flickr pool where you can drop your pictures of Wal*Mart, Best Buy, greasy hambugers, etc. (Putting them in the pool makes them eligible for inclusion in the blog.)

I am always happy when I pop up on their site, doing my little part to stick it to Da Man. Besides, it gave me something to twitter about.


__________

Brand new to Strobist, or lighting? Start here.
Or, jump right into our free Lighting 101 course.
Connect: Discussion Threads | Reader Photos | Twitter

6 Comments:

Anonymous Adam said...

Came here specifically to tell you that... I was perturbed.

April 07, 2008 8:25 PM  
Anonymous a husband said...

Wow, that's cool! Congratulations on that. I've never even looked at it that big before.

April 08, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Carlsen said...

God damn, I just sent you an email ten minutes ago. Haha.

Sowwy!

April 08, 2008 2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the original post that this photo is from? Thanks!

April 08, 2008 10:07 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

I saw the photos from Lifehacker and immediately began the search to make sure it was your photo and not just a similar one. Yep, dead on, they stoll Strobist's photo! I was set to email you when I scrolled down on the page and saw "Photo:Strobist" Oh, ok, very well then.. funny that lots of other people were thinking the same thing and actually notified you about it.

April 08, 2008 4:58 PM  
Blogger starrman said...

Cool deal...

April 11, 2008 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home