Orbis Enters the Ring
Orbis is the first (non-DIY) competitor to the Ray Flash, and lowers the entry cost for a commercial ring flash adapter.
• Introductory Price: $169 US (with $16.99 shipping to US - for other areas see site)
• One size fits most all shoe-mount flashes -- except the big-headed Vivitar 285, apparently.
• Requires off-camera sync of some kind (can use off-camera TTL cord)
• Larger lighting surface area than Ray Flash - (should be softer light, will test soon)
• First units ship in December, in three weeks
More details, FAQ, pix, etc., at Orbis website.
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save Money: Browse MPEX Weekly Strobist Deals