I am dropping this week's speedlinks in via the mooched wifi from the Pensione Santa Elena, which is a very cool hub for young travelers (I used to be one of those) in an amazing cloud forest community. So far, we have had extremely close contact with a five-foot iguana, toucans, white-faced monkeys and a scorpion (he was in our hotel room.)
Among the topics in today's speedlinks, after the jump:
Mooning people, stretching your TTL budget, cutting things in half and a portrait worthy of Hannibal Lechter...
• Strobist reader Bjorn Holland has been on an epic, multi-continent motorcycle trip for months now, and you can follow his exploits at Panomoto.com. Of particular interest is his series of beautiful panoramas from some very rugged landscapes.
• DIYPhotography.net shows you how to extend your TTL cord with Cat5 wire.
• Two, from the very RSS-worthy Toxel.com: A collection of light graffiti shots and a series of photographers mooning people. (Thanks, DavidOnABus)
• Special this week: Nikon D3 and 14-24mm f/2.8 lens -- 50 percent off. (Thanks, Robert!)
• Best enjoyed with a nice Chianti and some fava beans: The
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Next live event: GPP PopUP Berlin (Oct. 29-30)