(After the jump.)
• Quick eye candy: Steven Haulenbeek's beautiful lighting installations -- using photographers' shoot-through umbrellas.
(Thanks to Brad, via Toxel.)
• Remember Blair Bunting? (Rembrandt Lighting: NOT.) While it is always a good idea to let Blair photograph your hot ride, think twice about ever letting him drive it. (Scroll down.)
• Joey Lawrence, fresh back from Africa, had a great (if a bit NSFW-ish) post on Scott Kelby's blog. If you want to read more, Joey has several epic, travelog-style posts on his blog. (Scroll down.) Very much worth a read. It has me wondering what in the world he will do next.
• From the Cobblers-Kids-Have-No-Shoes-Department: Photographer Eddie Roman filmed his own commercial. What a great idea. Here we are, visual peeps, with tons of free video distribution platforms, and how many people have thought to do this?
• So, what do you do after you have nailed your post production skills to the point of perfections? Scott (Chase Jarvis' go-to post guy) has an idea: Embrace imperfection.
* And finally -- two absolute, "must-sees" for photographers:
Tim Mantoani on loving what you do, and Zack Arias on reinventing yourself.
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save Money: Browse MPEX Weekly Strobist Deals