Eat Your Heart Out, "Ray Flash"

For a moment, light is taking a back seat to creativity. Strobist reader Cohophoto whipped this DIY Steampunk Ray Gun up out of parts from old radios and cameras.

The closer you look at this thing, the better it looks, too. It's just so off-the-scale cool, I don't care how he lit it.

But you can see the lighting setup shot (and a link to the set of assembly photos) inside.
__________


In the end, he used HDR and some heavy burning along with the lighting. But again, I frankly do not care. This thing is just too flippin' sweet not to run.

I want one.

(The full set of photos is on Flickr, here.)


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink