Lord of the Ring Flash

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Okay, so maybe that's a stretch. This guy doesn't even use ring flash. But I had Headline Writer's Block and it was the only thing I could come up with. Best me in the comments.]
__________


"I immediately knew I wanted to look into the dark barn and not work against the huge, open bay door. The light outside that door was, like, ƒ/32,000, and the light inside was a weak ƒ/1.4 at best.

I’m not gonna fight city hall here. Where I am looking is dark, but dark I can light.

Dark I can control. I like the dark. Yessss, my precious..."

__________


Quoth Joe McNally, in a nice, long OA-style piece in Digital Photo Pro. It is Nikon CLS-centric, but still worth a read to anyone interested in lighting in general.

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink