New Chinese TTL Remotes Surfacing for Nikon and Canon
Info is sketchy at this point. But the Strobist Flickr group is pretty much at DEFCON 1, of course. On a discussion thread, Flickr user "Cotswald," who is apparently involved with the company, says:
• We WILL be selling these in Europe. I won't discuss exact prices, but will say that prices will be lower than those quoted above. (DH note: Less than $200/ set + shipping.)
• The PC socket is screwlock.
• They do support i-TTL, TTL and Manual.
• As said above, the Canon version will ship in the New Year, or just before XMAS.
• I am just checking trigger voltage safe limits. Range for me is about the same as the RF-602, ie. over 100m line of sight (I ran out of room at 200m).
• (DH here) Frequency is 2,4GHz, which is in the Wi-Fi/cordless phone neighborhood.
Well, there you go. The discussion thread, with links, is here. Things are getting interesting.
FWIW, I wrote the company, trying to buy a set to test. (I try to stay away from the "review set" graft thing.) But so far, no response.
New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Connect w/Strobist readers via: Words | Photos
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Save Money: Browse MPEX Weekly Strobist Deals