Small Flashes for Big Job

UPDATE, June 13th, 2014: I can say now what I couldn't say in 2010. Strobist reader Karel Donk was, in fact, the anonymous man behind the "Fake Chuck Westfall" blog.
__________

Well, this is just neat.

What would you do if someone called to ask you to shoot your President's official portrait on a few days' notice?

(I'd try to figure out which one of my buds was trying to pwn me, is what I'd do…)

But that's exactly what happened to Strobist reader Karel Donk, who lives in the small South American country of Suriname. So Karel grabbed his speedlights Strobist gel kit and got to work.

Afterwards, he posted about it on his blog -- including BTS pics and lighting diagram.

What a cool thing to happen. Congrats, Karel.

-30-


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink