Gulf Photo Plus is Coming to the US

UPDATE: Several folks have asked me for more information on the content of the weekend. I can't speak for everyone else, but here is a detailed look at where we are going in my session. -DH



I teach very infrequently now, at most just once or twice a year. That said, without fail I attend Gulf Photo Plus in Dubai every March.

It's a great event, with quality instructors and a fantastic group (family?) of people running it. But Dubai is a long way away, to be sure.

So three years ago, we worked out a sort of "road version" of GPP. It's a compressed, wall-to-wall weekend that brings a bit of GPP to another city each year. 2013 was in London. 2014 was in Singapore.

And 2015 will be in Seattle, Washington in the US. And I am really happy about this. Okay, so technically maybe it's greater Seattle (it's in Bellevue). But the GPP folks wanted a good—but not too big—venue for the weekend.


The Particulars

Date: Sept 19th and 20th
Location: Seattle area
Price: $399 (early bird--before July 1st)


The presenters for 2015 are Joe McNally, Zack Arias, Greg Heisler and yours truly. It's designed to be a firehose weekend, done in that way so people can efficiently work it to travel/work schedules. If GPP in Dubai is basically a 10-day commitment, GPP's Pop_UP events are something a driving-radius local can do without burning a single vacation day. And someone just about anywhere in the US or Canada can do it with a travel day tacked on at each end.

Having been at the London version, I can tell you this: If I wasn't speaking, I'd be going. (And ultimately, between you and me, it has always been my goal to make myself redundant for GPP PopUPs in various cities around the world and just attend.)

To that end, if you are not in the US/Canada, you can also vote on where the next Pop_UP city will be. For that, and all of the info you need if you are considering going, hit the GPP PopUP website.

Tickets are on sale now, and will be limited by the size of the venue. So if you are juggling air tix, etc. Best to jump on it while the variables are still in your favor.


More info: GPP Pop_UP website
Twitter hashtag: #GPPSeattle



__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink