Google. Gotta Love 'Em.

Been getting reports that some people are having problems loading pix from the blog. Turns out it is an (intermittant) Google server error. Sigh. Refreshing the page will frequently solve the problem. It is apparently happening to many other blogs, too.

Heck, it's not like I need photos to do a lighting blog, right?

On a brighter note, I just finished a shoot that yielded a very cool photo. It's the conceptual photo I built the macro strip lights for. Tried them out, and ended up using snoots instead for more control. (I did get some mileage out of the strip lights with the lacrosse player, and I will use them again. So no big loss.)

As always, I have to wait until The Sun publishes to put it up, but I am very happy with the result and cannot wait to publish both the photo and the how-to.

In the on-deck circle is an On Assignment from that cool sunset/soccer/Eiffel Tower shot that was posted here, in Flickr's Strobist group. There's lots of detailed info on the shooting and conceptual process, and more photos from the shoot tha show the evolution of the idea. That kind of stuff is always very important to see. I am working on the copy now.

-D


__________

New to Strobist? Start here | Or jump right to Lighting 101
Got a question? Hit me on Twitter: @Strobist
Have a passport? Join me in Hanoi: X-Peditions Location Workshops



Permalink