DON'T MISS: Italian conceptual portrait photographer Sara Lando coming to US for two weekends of workshops in August.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sponsor Salad Toss, May '07

Just a quick shout out to to say thanks to the May sponsors, Midwest Photo Exchange, PhotoShelter and zenfolio, without whom this lighting blog thing would grind to a screeching halt. Show 'em some luv, y'all.

And if you want to reach the 114,950 different photographers that visited Strobist 827,360 times last month, you can learn more about it here.

'Cause Strobist is, like, so cheap and easy.


__________

Brand new to Strobist, or lighting? Start here.
Or, jump right into our free Lighting 101 course.
Connect: Discussion Threads | Reader Photos | Twitter

7 Comments:

Blogger Hugh Macdonald said...

All the sponsors are fantastic!

I looked at PhotoShelter - I'm tempted to sign up for peace of mind - if I had more income from my photography, I would...

I recently moved my site over to zenfolio - it's a fantastic site, very easy to run and navigate around.

June 05, 2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger Hawk said...

I wonder how many people are going to have no idea what "salad toss" refers to.

June 05, 2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger David said...

It's totally aped from Gizmodo, who has (far and away) the best mastery of the 'blogging voice' on the planet.

The term strictly refers to keeping the sponsors on the radar by thanking them them up on the top of the page. Not unlike one would bring tomatoes to the top of a salad when tossing it.

Any other interpretation is simply that of a warped mind, and we totally disavow our naive selves of it.

June 05, 2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

I have to say David, Thanks not only for the site but also thanks to MPEX for getting me the gear i needed quickly and at a price my boss would approve of :D - i would have bought the gear locally for 2-3x the cost so not only are your sponsors "sponsors" but they are also great companies who are very competitive (in my mind) and the service was in one word ... exceptional

June 05, 2007 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ordered the PH1 Pro Strobist Kit from your sponsor (MidWest Photo Exchange). They had a small screw up in the order, but boy did they deal with it promptly - totally impressed. The problem was that they are selling 500 (could that be right??!!) of these kits A DAY - thanks to Strobist.com - or so I believe they said. Phenomenal!

June 05, 2007 9:08 PM  
Blogger George said...

I can't believe that you wrote salad toss. brilliant. and yes, very gizmodo.

June 06, 2007 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew.

June 07, 2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home